The key to a successful future, is a successful past.
A pioneer of the hardware products industry, Lawrence Hardware has a remarkable heritage of success and innovation. The company traces its origins back to 1876, when the original Lawrence Brothers, John and Edwin, bought part ownership in a hardware store.
For more than 130 years, Lawrence Hardware has demonstrated a commitment to being the best in the categories in which they compete and making customers their number one priority – a commitment that has guided their company since the beginning.
By placing our customers first, our fundamental objective is to create true value for our users. We intend to achieve this through the continuous redefinition and reinforcement of our product portfolio, by being cost-effective and by strengthening our corporate culture of innovation and challenge.
Lawrence Hardware Milestones:
- Founded in 1876 by brothers, John and Edwin Lawrence.
- One of the first patented producers of barbwire.
- Began manufacturing farm products, including steel barn door hangers, a bolted wheelbarrow, rail, hay fork pulleys, and nails
- As business flourished, they steadily expanded their product line and broadened their market.
- By the 1920's, the company had penetrated the international market, shipping products to South America, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Commercial ball bearing hinges were added to the line in the 1930's making Lawrence hardware the only full-line hardware manufacturer in the United States.